11.14.2007

Glovazzz



This glove comes from Natalie Lawler from Echo Park, CA. She says: "i dont remember seeing it when i left my vehicle, so maybe a small child tried to steal my sweet rims while i was gone."

Thanks Natalie. What a sweet treat!

In other news, I found a lizard tail on my front porch today. At first I though it was a really big claw, like the raptor talon in Jurassic Park. But then I picked it up and realized that it was flacid and a lizard's tail. It put me in kind of a sour mood because I was eating a cinnamon tower at the time, and I really didn't feel comfortable picking off parts of it with with the same fingers I'd just used to pick up a lizard tail. Then I felt really selfish for thinking about how much grief picking up that lizard tail had caused me, when really, there's a lizard roaming around my yard without a tail. I don't know exactly how much the tail helps the lizard, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say more than not having a tail. Poor guy. One of my cats is going to eat you.

2 comments:

Victor said...

He may be clumsy for a little while, but I'm sure that after a short acclimation period, he'll be right as rain.

I mean, he will grow a new one for heaven's sake.

P.S. I totally have some glove photos for you. Maybe I'll email them.

kmyrvold said...

i heard that lizards will purposely drop their tails to elude predators. the tail wiggles on its own, even while detached. and the lizard slips away unnoticed. i've seen several lizard tails in our yard because of the cats.